Delay software update feature of integration suite was released in the middle of year 2022 to delay cloud integration runtime update by 1 week. You can refer the helpdocumentation for details. However, with May 2023 release – 6.39.x, we have enhanced the feature to display the cloud integration runtime version for the better clarity and transparency.
In this blog, I will give a short overview on delay software update and recent enhancement.
What is the delay software update?
Delay software update is a self-service feature for the tenant administrator in cloud integration capability of the Integration Suite tenant to delay the monthly increment by 1 week. The delay in update affects only the Cloud Integration runtime. Cloud Integration design time gets updated without any delay. Delay software update feature is available across all the editions of the Integration Suite tenant except Basic, Trial and SuccessFactors. For more information about different service plans, editions and their supported feature set, see SAP Note 2903776.
Why delay software update?
The goal of delay software update is to mitigate the risk of business disruption which may cause due to the monthly increments in the productive tenants. To achieve this, configure delay update in the productive tenants and consume the regular updates without delay in the test tenants. This will allow one week to test the new increment in the test tenants. It will mitigate the risk of business disruption caused by any probable regressions for custom built integration flows in the productive tenants. If any disruption is noticed in the test tenant, mitigate the same to SAP via the incident management system. Make sure to tag “Regression” in the incident so that it can be handled appropriately by SAP.
How to use delay software update?
You must be aware that the configuration to switch on/off delay software update is available in the tenant settings view of the integration suite tenant. This feature is available only for the tenant administrator. The role collection required is PI_Administrator. By default, the delay software is switched off in the integration suite tenant.
Image 1: Delay software update feature in the tenant settings of Integration suite tenant
To safeguard the productive tenant from any business disruption, you should switch on the delay software update feature which will delay the cloud integration runtime update by 1 week. Please note, 1 week delay is fixed.
Go to the Settings view of the integrations. You will notice a tab “Software Updates”. Switch on the delay. Some important points which is worth to consume.
- If you enable the delay software feature before an update is triggered by SAP, then the delay is effective in the current update cycle, and you will notice a scheduled date as well.
- If you enable the feature after an update is triggered by SAP, then the delay is effective only from the next update cycle. The currently triggered update from SAP happens without any delay.
In the below scenario, delay software is switched-on in the production tenant before an update is triggered by SAP and hence 1 week delay is applied in the current update cycle.
Image 2: Delay software update is switched-on in the production tenant.
You should not enable delay in the integration suite test tenant. Since delay software is switched-off in the test tenant, regular updates will be applied without any delay of 1 week.
Image 3: Delay software update is switched-off in the test tenant
Since your production tenant is delayed by 1 week and test tenant had consumed the regular update, you can validate the integration scenarios in the test tenant. This way, you get a 1-week time to validate the new increments in your test tenants. If any probable issues identified during the validation, mitigate the same to SAP via the incident management system.
In due course after 1-week, delayed software will be updated on the productive tenant and new increments will be available for the consumption. This way you can safeguard your productive tenant from any potential issues.
How to view Cloud Integration Runtime version?
After you delay the software update in the productive tenant and consume the regular update in the test tenant, you can easily compare the cloud integration runtime version in these tenants.
To check the Cloud Integration Runtime version, you can follow the steps.
- In the SAP Integration Suite home page, on the top-right corner, choose your profile button.
The software build numbers ofSAP Integration Suiteand the activated capabilities come up.
The production tenant will be on the older version of the cloud integration runtime as delay software was applied. Additionally, information icon will be visible which depicts the delay software along with the scheduled date.
Image 4: User profile in the top right of integration suite tenant.
Image 5: About dialog displays the cloud integration runtime version along with information icon in the productive tenant.
Image 6: Information popover displays the scheduled update along with the date in the productive tenant.
Test tenant on the other side will be on the newer version of the cloud integration runtime as delay software was not applied. Image 7: About dialog displays the cloud integration runtime version in test tenant.
In nutshell, Cloud integration runtime version display in the About dialog will help to confirm that the delay is applied on the productive tenant, and it is on the older version of cloud integration runtime, however test tenant on the latest version.
- In which editions of Integration suite tenants, delay software update is available?
- All the editions of Integration suite tenant except basic, trial and SuccessFactors.
- Can I delay the patch update?
- Delay is applicable only on the monthly increment. Patch update will be applied regardless delay software feature is switched on/off.
- What happens if there is a pending delayed update and new patch is available?
- Delayed update will be skipped, and patch update gets applied without delay.
- What should be the next steps if issues are encountered while validating the integration scenarios in the test tenant?
- Report a ticket to SAP via the incident management system. Tag the ticket as a “Regression” to get an appropriate attention.
- What will happen if delay software is switched on before a monthly update is triggered by SAP?
- Software delay is effective from the current update cycle.
- What will happen if delay software is switched on after a monthly update is triggered by SAP?
- Delay is effective only from the next update cycle.
- Which component is delayed via the delayed software update?
- Only cloud integration runtime is delayed.
- Can I delay cloud integration design time component?
- No, delay software is applicable only to cloud integration runtime.
- Can I delay the update beyond 1 week?
- No, delay is fixed which is 1 week.
- Which role collection is required to switch on/off Delay software update?
- Role collection – PI_Administrator is required.
- Which persona can delay the software update in the integration suite tenants?
- Tenant administrator having PI_Administrator role collection.
- Is the delay software update available in the Cloud Integration Standalone NEO and CF environment.
- No, the delay software update is available only in the integration suite tenant.
- Which role collection is required to visualize cloud integration runtime version in the integration suite tenant?
- All the users who shall be having bare minimum PI_Read_Only role collection.
- Can I see the Cloud Integration runtime version even though delay software update is not enabled?
- Yes, cloud integration runtime version is visible in the integration suite tenant regardless delayed sofware update is switched off/on.
In the Integration Suite tenant where delay is enabled, new design time increments might not be available for consumption owing to dependency on the runtime. In certain cases, the new design time increments might be consumable but deploying them can lead to runtime errors. In either case, we recommend you consume the new design time increments only after the Cloud integration runtime update is applied after 1 week delay.
Hope you are benefited with this feature. Please experience the delay software update and share your experience and feedback.
"Tenant" refers to your (customer-specific) instance of the Cloud Integration service. When you buy SAP Integration Suite, you get 1 or more Cloud Integration tenants based on the service plan you choose.Which type of integration scenarios are supported by cloud integration a capability of SAP Integration Suite? ›
SAP Integration Suite is an open and modular iPaaS supporting your enterprise-wide integration needs for both SAP and non-SAP integration scenarios.How do I enable integration suite in SAP BTP? ›
- Create a SAP Integration Suite Instance. Create a SAP Integration Suite instance in the “Instances and Subscriptions” tab: ...
- Create a Stripe account. ...
- Access your SAP Sales and Service Core tenant. ...
- Create a Twilio account. ...
- Create an Build Apps account and application. ...
- Check your knowledge.
- Business Network.
- Business Technology Platform.
- CRM and Customer Experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Financial Management.
- Human Capital Management.
- Small and Midsize Enterprises.
- Spend Management.
SAP Integration Suite is an integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) that helps you quickly integrate on-premise and cloud-based processes, services, applications, events, and data. Accelerate innovation, automate more processes, and realize a faster time to value.What does tenants mean in software? ›
A tenant is the most fundamental construct of a SaaS environment. As a SaaS provider building an application, you are making this application available to your customers. The customers that are signing up to use your environment are represented as the tenants of your system.What are the 4 types of application integration? ›
Application integration has four standard levels: presentation-level integration; business process integration; data integration; and communications-level integration.What is an example of 4 performed by an integration platform as a service? ›
Some examples of work that an IPaaS might be used for include: Connecting and integrating various applications, such as CRM (customer relationship management) systems, ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems, and marketing automation tools.Which of the following are components of the SAP Integration Suite? ›
- Integration assessment.
- Cloud integration.
- Open connectors.
- API management.
- Event mesh.
- Integration advisor.
- Trading partner management.
Select Services > Instances and Subscriptions. Choose Create. In the New Instance or Subscription dialog, choose Integration Suite from the list of services. If Integration Suite is not visible in the Services list, you need to assign Integration Suite Trial entitlements.
SAP Integration Suite is an integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) that helps you quickly integrate on-premise and cloud-based processes, services, applications, events, and data. Accelerate innovation, automate more processes, and realise a faster time to value.Which are the three capabilities that intelligent enterprise will gain SAP? ›
- Data. The Data Lab can help customers define an outcome-driven data strategy and realize data as an asset. ...
- Process. ...
- Experience. ...
The Cloud Integration capability of SAP Integration Suite enables enterprises to connect these various applications quickly and seamlessly, regardless of the landscape.What is the difference between SAP data services and SAP Integration Suite? ›
SAP Data Services is an offering from SAP to improve data quality. SAP Integration Suite is an integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) that helps quickly integrate on-premises and cloud-based processes, services, applications, events, and data.What is integration and why it is needed? ›
Integration ensures that all systems work together and in harmony to increase productivity and data consistency. In addition, it aims to resolve the complexity associated with increased communication between systems, since they provide a reduction in the impacts of changes that these systems may have.Why is integration needed for SAP? ›
SAP integration is necessary for companies that deal with a variety of SAP and non-SAP applications which need to be able to communicate with each other. SAP integrations take data from one source (such as an application or software) and make it readable and usable in SAP.Can my computer run the tenants? ›
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system. OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer. Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 / Phenom x4 955. Memory: 6 GB RAM.
Many users may belong to the same tenant. Imagine you have a SaaS and you have 3 clients (companies) and each one has many users. It depends on the case, but each client could be a tenant (3 in total), while the users could have different roles inside the same tenant.What is tenant in simple terms? ›
A tenant is the legal occupant of a piece of real estate, like an apartment, house or commercial property, especially if the occupants only lease or rent the unit.What is an example of an integrated software? ›
Integrated software is a collection of software designed to work similar programs. A good example of integrated software package is Microsoft Office, which contains programs used in an office environment (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
The different methods of integration include: Integration by Substitution. Integration by Parts.What is an example of an integrated software application? ›
Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office or Star Office are some examples of integrated software where the output of programs such as a spreadsheet or graphics program can be shared amongst applications.What are the 5 system integration methods? ›
- Manual data integration. ...
- Middleware data integration. ...
- Application-based integration. ...
- Uniform access integration. ...
- Common storage integration (sometimes referred to as data warehousing)
IaaS providers include platforms such as Dell Boomi AtomSphere, MuleSoft and Amazon EC2. Boomi AtomSphere Platform is a multi-tenant cloud integration platform that can integrate cloud, on-premises and SaaS applications.What is an example of API integration? ›
Examples of API Integration
B2B eCommerce software like inventory management, shipping software, ERP, and similar applications need to integrate with eCommerce platforms. As a result, they can get and manage store data from these platforms and perform their core functionality.
It now consists of the following components: Business Network, End-to-End Processes (E2E), Experience Management, Intelligent Suite, Industry Cloud, Sustainability Management, Business Technology Platform and Infrastructure. The best-managed companies are smart companies, according to SAP.What services is used for secure integration? ›
- Type System Overview.
- Custom Type Systems.
- Message Implementation Guidelines.
- Mapping Guidelines.
- Related Information.
SAP S/4HANA product versions and release schedule for On-Premise and Cloud. To look up the version of your system, go to: More > System > Status > SAP System Data > Installed Product Versions.How do I connect to SAP and non SAP system? ›
The classic way for communication between non-SAP systems and SAP is, according to SAP itself, the RFC interface. RFC interfaces are also often used to communicate between SAP systems itself. Put simply, RFC is a remote function call. The RFC interfaces for integration have been available since SAP/R3 until today.
- Open the SAP Connectivity service Administration.
- In the navigation area, select Connector.
- In the Subaccount Dashboard, navigate to your subaccount.
- Check if the SAP Connectivity service is connected to the SAP BTP subaccount. If it is connected, you see the icon Connected.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, from the side navigation, choose System Administration Data Source Configuration.
- In the Open Connectors area, select Let's integrate your Open Connectors Account. The Open Connectors dialog appears.
- Select your SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) Sub Account Region from the list.
API Management technology helps you to share digital assets and enable developer communities to consume these assets in new channels, devices, and user interfaces.Which licensing options are available for SAP Integration Suite? ›
SAP Integration Suite can be licensed on a subscription, pay-as-you-go and Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement (CPEA) basis through the SAP Store. Subscription and pay-as-you-go licenses offer several tiers to suit organizations' needs and budgets.What is the SAP integration platform application called? ›
SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) brings together data and analytics, artificial intelligence, application development, automation, and integration in one, unified environment.How to integrate system with SAP? ›
For integrating SAP Business One, DI services are required which exposes the SAP Business One objects. In case the SAP Business One installation is on HANA, then the HANA Service Layer is needed. Having this layer makes the underlying objects in SAP Business One accessible for integration.What are the levels of integration in SAP? ›
There are four types of integrations available to organizations: data, application, business process, and presentation.What is a tenant in SAP Integration Suite? ›
|Metric||Unit Price per Month||Description|
|Tenants||EUR 0.00||A Tenant means a Customer-specific instance of the Cloud Service.|
|Billing Block Size 1|
A tenant is the top-level container object in the SAP Leonardo IoT architecture. It serves as a self-contained area where an administrator working for a Cloud Platform Provider sets up all the objects needed for a particular IoT scenario.What are tenants in Salesforce? ›
In Salesforce, all data is stored in a single database schema for all its customers. It is economical because resources and maintenance are shared. There can be a single instance of a software server with multiple tenants.
Tenancy in cloud computing refers to the sharing of computing resources in a private or public environment that is isolated from other users and kept secret. Tenancy in SaaS is divided into two types: single-tenant SaaS and multi-tenant SaaS.How do I stop a tenant database in SAP? ›
- Open Manage Databases in the SAP HANA cockpit by drilling down from Overall Tenant Statuses in the system Overview for the system database.
- Select the tenant database that you want to stop.
- Choose Stop Tenant. The database stops. This may take a few moments.
Which should you choose- single tenant vs multi-tenant? In SAP, a single tenant architecture can be highly reliable and scalable in contrast to multi-tenant applications where customers can host hardware and access their own virtual machines. In multi-tenancy, the vendor can utilise the shared resources.How do I stop a tenant database in Hana? ›
To perform this, navigate to SAP HANA Cockpit -> Open the Manage Databases app -> You have to select tenant database that you want to stop or start -> Select stop Tenant Database or start Tenant Database in the footer toolbar. The database starts stopping or starting and will be completed in few minutes.What is a tenant in data? ›
A data tenant is an entity such as a person, organization or process, perhaps in combination with other things such as a product, that stores data in resources such as a database and requires data isolation and selective user access. Organizations typically refer to the tenant as the customer of their service.Which services are located in a tenant database? ›
It contains the actual data stores and the engines for processing the data and runs in every tenant database. Only the system database runs the name server. The name server contains landscape information about the system as a whole, including which tenant databases exist.What is tenant mode? ›
Tenant mode is a concept within SmartBuildings whereby a thermostat can be registered in SmartBuildings and the ecobee Residential Portal at the same time.Is a tenant a customer or client? ›
Tenant-Customer means the customer who rents the premises to which service is provided.What is the difference between tenant and namespace? ›
Namespaces are owned and managed by administrative entities called tenants. A tenant typically corresponds to an organization, such as a company or a division or department within a company. In addition to being owned by a tenant, each HCP namespace can have an owner that corresponds to an individual HCP user.What is tenant vs VPC? ›
Being a public cloud tenant is akin to sharing an apartment with a few roommates. In contrast, having a VPC is like having your own private condominium—no one else has the key, and no one can enter the space without your permission.
In most cases, if someone is using a private cloud service or a third-party cloud offering, it is most likely a single-tenant system. This is because an individual would be the only customer with access to that instance, with security and management options as well as individual controls.